Jillian Keenan Article

• August 24, 2015 2:16 PM PDT

I'd imagine this would have been posted already. But I'm posting it again... even though it's three years old... because it's special! 

Here's an article by Jillian Keenan about coming of age with a spanking fetish (and discussing it with her partner).

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/fashion/modern-love-a-spanking-fetish-is-not-revealed-easily.html?_r=0 

• 55 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:08 AM PDT
    Great article. I remember when it first ran. Thanks for posting. Jillian is a good voice for our community in the mainstream media.
  • August 25, 2015 11:30 AM PDT
    I remember that too. Its a good one. Will probably remain relevant for a long time.
  • August 25, 2015 12:28 PM PDT
    It was definitely a surprising read for me. I was happily surprised of course.
    • 55 posts
    August 27, 2015 11:34 PM PDT
    She's writing a book that will come out next year.
  • August 29, 2015 3:11 AM PDT
    Fantastic article. How I wish I could have read something like this when I was younger. At 54, it's very difficult, even when I engage in it.
    • 55 posts
    September 6, 2015 7:37 PM PDT
    I remember gathering my courage to make the same decision she did. Once you do it is like a weight off your shoulders and you wonder why you wasted a day procrastinating.
    • 123 posts
    September 12, 2015 3:36 AM PDT
    Whatever happened to Jillian anyway? I was friends with her and we chatted briefly a few times, then she just seemed to disappear...
  • September 14, 2015 9:57 AM PDT
    Sputnik said:
    She was on FetLife and this site, and found it hard to keep up on two sites, so she kind of stuck with FetLife.

That explains it. I thought the account here might have been a fake. I remember she tweeted about someone impersonating her on adult sites about 6 months ago.

• 3 posts
    September 15, 2015 10:06 AM PDT
    Very well done article. Interesting the struggle so many have about wanting to feel what we do is "normal". I never really had that struggle, just seemed pretty natural for me to be dominant and have all those dominstincts toward women. If anything, the struggle was wrestling with what those instincts meant in a philosophical and moral sense but that worked itself out. Her point about spanking being both sexual and asexual at the same time was the most interesting point. That resonated completely with me. I have to assume that is a common experience among others as well?
  • September 15, 2015 10:37 AM PDT
    It is for me.
    • 123 posts
    September 16, 2015 1:10 AM PDT
    Oh yes, definitely for me as well. I find it to derive from a mostly sexual or erotic impulse, but which is also capable of transcending that and occupying a pleasurable space that transcends that, or at least has the potential to do so. This was also something it took me a while to figure out - thankfully doing so was also a lot of fun along the way!