Pre Internet Spanking Sources.

• 41 posts
    April 29, 2016 12:29 PM PDT
    Those of us who found we had a "thing" about spanking before the Web came along cannot begin to say how fortunate we think today's spankos are.
    For me, it was coming across Mr magazine in the "girly mags" section of a newsstand.(Remember newsstands?) its letters and articles opened up a new world for me, just out of adolescence. I eagerly awaited each month's new issue.
    There were other magazines that occasionally had spanking material.Mr had a couple companion magazines, Sir and Man to Man that occasionally would have something. Also the more general fetish mag Nugget, and of course letters to Penthouse. Playboy seemed to have little interest in spanking, though it was fun imagining their barebottomed Playmates getting their fannies paddled!
    Then there was the slick magazine Corporal ,lots of photos as well as letters and stories. And of course there was the option of seeking out the occasional paperback novel in adult bookstores located in seedy,unsavory sections of larger cities.
    Late in the 1980s I discovered CF Publications and their typed pages of stories, some good,others disappointing.
    Anyone else from "back in the day" have a favorite source of spanking reading material? Have since learned that most, if not all,of the Mr letters were staff written, but nonetheless, they and the feature Wild Wild World it carried are still treasured.

This post was edited by Tanner at April 29, 2016 12:30 PM PDT
    • 123 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:14 AM PDT
    I discovered adult spanking in the early 1990's, in what were (for me at least) still the pre-Internet days. My interest started fairly small but then grew and grew, and of course I was curious to know more about it. Important sources for me were Blue Moon books, including their reprints of vintage spanking erotica, books dedicated to the subject like "Thy Tod and Staff" which was a real eye-opener for me (and found at the library no less!) and eventually The Naughty Victorian and their catalogs and newsletters. But when the Internet arrived, to say my interest really took off would be an understatement...
  • May 2, 2016 12:44 PM PDT
    The Janus Bookshop in Soho, London... where vendors of shabby raincoats were clearly doing brisk business!
    • 41 posts
    May 31, 2016 8:38 AM PDT
    I am thinking about writing some stories in the style of Letters to Mr. Would appreciate some feedback on what people think of the idea. Think I will go ahead and post the first.
    People should realize that the material in that magazine was written in a different time period. Oftimes the events described would be definitely considered nonconsensual and unfair in the spanking community today, especially those involving minors.
  • June 4, 2016 9:02 PM PDT
    I didn't find the internet until the late 1990ties. When I met husband, I knew nothing of adult spankings. But two months into dating, I got a surprise and a very hard spanking from him. Then he introduced me to the spanking world, he had big collection of magazines, some were hard core spanking magazine but he had many playboys, penthouses, penthouse forums, variations. which often had either spanking stories, or forum stories on spanking. He would often read me those stories and sometimes he would put them on tape and play them while we were making love. By the way we had our story printed in Jan 1991 variation magazine.
    • 1 posts
    June 9, 2016 4:23 AM PDT
    I remember purchasing such magazines as Janus, Kane, Roue, Phoenix and Blushes and its many offshoots. These could be found on the top shelf of some newsagents. I also visited the the Janus bookstore in Old Compton Street in London.
    • 55 posts
    June 9, 2016 1:37 PM PDT
    Straight Outta Compton, huh? ;-)
    • 6 posts
    July 30, 2016 6:11 AM PDT
    For me it was discovering janus magazine in a corner shop when I was 17 then a contact mag called Corporal contacts that lead on at 17 to my first post School spanking never really looked back.
    • 6 posts
    August 2, 2016 12:19 PM PDT
    Okay, this is going to reveal my age. I remember reading a letter in the April 1974 Playboy from a woman who said she had her first orgasm while her father was giving her a bare bottom spanking. She went on to say that it had opened up the world of spanking for her and that her husband gave her weekly spanking. I can almost remember the entire letter!
    • 12 posts
    July 8, 2018 9:24 PM PDT
    Kinematics, the NYC store that had Nu-West, early Shadow lane and bunch of publications. First in Times Square are and then on 37th between 5th and ^th.
  • Tim
    • 50 posts
    July 10, 2018 12:56 PM PDT
    NHSpanker said:
    Okay, this is going to reveal my age. I remember reading a letter in the April 1974 Playboy from a woman who said she had her first orgasm while her father was giving her a bare bottom spanking. She went on to say that it had opened up the world of spanking for her and that her husband gave her weekly spanking. I can almost remember the entire letter!

Funny thing I seem to remember that same exact letter. If I remember correctly she was spanked on her bathing suit in front of some other family members. I believe that she was in her young teens. 

• July 12, 2018 2:21 PM PDT
    God bless you pioneers.
  • July 14, 2018 3:50 AM PDT

For me, it was borrowing the odd magazine from school friends who "found" them when I was a youngster (1980s/90s). Once I found out I wasn't the only one who liked spanking a whole new world began to open up for me. I read more, watched more tv/films and listened to people talking, always trying to hear about my new favourite subject.

• 10 posts
    July 19, 2018 7:19 PM PDT
    Hearing about and then reading the "Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" books by Anne Rice helped me to understand that this was a thing that other people felt and experienced too.
    • 39 posts
    June 14, 2019 2:44 AM PDT
    I liked Janus best. They also had a contact addition which I used. Of course it was tame compared with the Internet. I loved visiting the shop in Soho. Sadly gone.
  • June 17, 2019 10:16 PM PDT

Yes, Janus for me too. aged around 19/20 1967/8? Lots of other spanking mags also appeared. When married first wife 1971, wanked off to the pics and stories when she weren't around! Came from seeing my rebellious sister get bare bottom spanked.

First taste myself was by Miss Cane who advertised on a postcard in a newsagents window. Along with all the French lessons  ones. Progressed on from there. ITC a mag as no internet. That's where I met the famous Miss J in Croydon. Had lots of positive reviews on the ITC site. However, looks like retired now as she no longer advertises? Then the clubs. Redstripe, Moonglow, Peaches were a few I frequented.

Even to this day I'm still into it. But not like in my younger days.   

• 39 posts
    June 17, 2019 10:58 PM PDT
    Both my sister and I were spanked growing up. Getting it was a very odd feeling of excitement and pain. My poor mum could never understand me sticking up. Watching my sister was awesome. Finding Janus and realising others liked spanking too was amazing. I used the same copy for years (the old small format) and used it to masterbate hundreds of times. Once I left home and moved closer to London I visited he Janus shop a lot and finally subscribed building a nice collection. I remember opening up many on my favourite pages and spreading them out. My eyes jumping from image to image until I ended with a very wet tissue. It was some time before I gained confidence to get my bottom spanked again as well as experiencing the pleasure of spanking others. Now with the internet it’s so much more intense with video clips or any scenario you fancy. School girl caning for me
    • 55 posts
    June 24, 2019 11:26 AM PDT

i too was a big fan of CF Publications in the pre internet days.

• July 1, 2019 8:47 AM PDT

I grew up in late 60's and found a book of my dads which had a spanking scene in it around that time.  Have never been able to remember what it was called.  A bit later got into Janus, Swist and Justice magazines and then moved to some old videos and Ed Lee movies.  The dawn of the internet opened the floodgates for spanking movies and there is definitely a lot more available now, but I have to say I still get butterflies when I think of the old mags

• 39 posts
    July 17, 2019 10:06 PM PDT
    It must be awesome knowing your dad liked spanking. Maybe he enjoyed spanking you.
    • 82 posts
    July 24, 2019 10:45 PM PDT

He probably enjoyed spanking his daughters more and maybe his wife?  Some here have heard their Mom being spanked.  We made sure my kids didn't hear me being spanked. 

• July 25, 2019 12:27 AM PDT
    How did you do that Jelena? Actually there were no daughters in our house. Not sure if mum got it
    • 82 posts
    July 25, 2019 12:47 AM PDT

we had a big two story house with a basement.  bedroom on the second floor.  Basement was finished with a suspended ceiling for extra sound proofing. 

• July 25, 2019 1:30 AM PDT
    Oh well structured to ensure your bottom could be spanked when needed and as hard as needed ☺
    • 82 posts
    July 25, 2019 1:41 AM PDT

yes once children were a sleep, they couldn't hear me crying and screaming in the basement.