spankingneeds.com

• 7 posts
    September 20, 2023 9:42 PM PDT

The site is currently down and the owner is working to get it back up.

CowboySpanks - I am a moderator at the site and know nothing of your experience.  If you want to contact me privately, I will look into it.

• 53 posts
    November 1, 2023 6:47 PM PDT

It’s back up now. But somethings off. According to the home page they haven’t had anyone new sign up for two months now. But recently it was only down a few day.

• 61 posts
    December 8, 2023 6:45 PM PST

Is the site ever coming back. Keep seeing a message that it’s updating 

• 39 posts
    December 12, 2023 10:09 AM PST
    I hope if the get it up again they fix the PMs most times the don't work anymore and you never know if people got your message or are ignoring you
    • 61 posts
    December 14, 2023 5:36 AM PST

New message says it should be back up Sunday 12/17

• 10 posts
    December 24, 2023 5:25 PM PST

I see some things never change.  

• Tim
    • 50 posts
    December 26, 2023 10:57 AM PST

That latest stated to check back on the 24th. So far nothing has happened. Hope they can get it back on line soon.

• 61 posts
    December 30, 2023 7:40 AM PST

Personally I think it’s gone for good

• Tim
    • 50 posts
    December 30, 2023 12:45 PM PST
    [url=/profile/15519]Larry[/url] said:

Personally I think it’s gone for good

I'm afraid that I am begining to agree. Hope we are wrong. If not the site will be missed,
    • 12 posts
    January 5, 2024 5:56 PM PST

This discussion has been going on over at FetLife also, and one very valid point was made there; if it was gone for good the main page would likely be down. It's not.

I know it's frustrating that the owner and the mods haven't posted any updates here or on FetLife, but I think they're trying to save it. The problem is, they have limited resources and once those spambots begin a dedicated attack/takeover attempt on a site like SN, it becomes a huge problem to mitigate. I dealt with that on other sites myself over the years and I don't envy them for what they're up against. 

Ideally, they could subscribe to something like Cloudflare or similar, in which case it would be mitigated for them. But that costs real money. 

• 61 posts
    January 6, 2024 9:15 AM PST

Thanks Chief

• Tim
    • 50 posts
    January 6, 2024 10:11 AM PST

Thank you for the update. 

• 23 posts
    January 9, 2024 5:07 PM PST

i'm disappointed that none of the owners or moderators have updated us on the status of SN. Some of the moderators are here and have logged in recently.

However, i also appreciate everything Child of Light and Mystery Man, and the moderators, have done to keep the site running for many years. Overall, SN is a great site. Lots of good discussions take place, lots of people visit the site and participate, and lots of friendships develop. i suppose the friendships are sort of superficial, if we never even share contact information to keep in touch in circumstances like the site being down for months at a time.

Anyway, thank you to the owners and moderators--sincerely. You have helped many people.

• 2 posts
    January 13, 2024 2:17 PM PST

I guess I am not the only one that misses SpankingNeeds.com. I thought for a while this was the replacement page but I am not the sharpest tool in the box. 

• January 19, 2024 9:08 PM PST
    [url=/profile/DaChief]DaChief[/url] said:

This discussion has been going on over at FetLife also, and one very valid point was made there; if it was gone for good the main page would likely be down. It's not.

I know it's frustrating that the owner and the mods haven't posted any updates here or on FetLife, but I think they're trying to save it. The problem is, they have limited resources and once those spambots begin a dedicated attack/takeover attempt on a site like SN, it becomes a huge problem to mitigate. I dealt with that on other sites myself over the years and I don't envy them for what they're up against.

Ideally, they could subscribe to something like Cloudflare or similar, in which case it would be mitigated for them. But that costs real money.

I'd be willing to pay small amount of money monthly to help them get rid of that problem. Perhaps others would as well.
    • 23 posts
    March 6, 2024 1:41 PM PST

Wow; SpankingNeeds has been down at least 4 months...and no word on what's going on?

Does anyone have any information?