Spanking in schools

• June 21, 2016 8:30 PM PDT
    My siblings were all out of school by the time I was in the 7th grade (grade I was paddled in). i told my parents that I was sick and put myself in bed early before supper. No way could I sit at supper.
    • 50 posts
    June 21, 2016 8:46 PM PDT
    I just acted normal even if my bottom was still sore after I got spanked at school. It wasn't hard either.
  • June 22, 2016 3:59 PM PDT
    Went to Catholic School until College and they never spanked. One teacher in High school had a Yardstick ruler and keep me after class. Nothing ever happened. She offered me a ride home one day. Should have taken that ride
    • 10 posts
    June 26, 2016 7:17 AM PDT

I was paddled in school too usually 3 to 5 swatts. Im from Tennessee

• June 26, 2016 8:01 AM PDT
    Mike, girls were paddled at your school too? high school?
    • 10 posts
    June 26, 2016 8:11 AM PDT
    yes they were ....
  • July 1, 2016 6:46 AM PDT
    Yes about five different times; one to three swats usually bent over touching toes with a wooden paddle, Ohio.
    • 37 posts
    July 3, 2016 1:13 PM PDT
    I was paddled in every grade, usually more than once a year. Thew school always called home to let my parents know. In HS, it was five licks the first offence, then 10 and finally 15 licks.
  • July 3, 2016 7:16 PM PDT
    With them calling home. Did you get another spanking/paddling at home? From mom or daddy?
    • 37 posts
    July 4, 2016 5:22 AM PDT
    I got it again at home often in grade school. Not much in later grades. Once after the principal was finished paddling me we went back to her office there was my mom waiting to drive me home for a switching or belting - can not recall what she used that time.
    • 123 posts
    July 4, 2016 6:12 AM PDT
    Bogey - so your Mom was actually there waiting while the principal paddled you? wow, and I thought I had some embarrassing experiences with that growing up!
    • 10 posts
    July 4, 2016 8:22 AM PDT
    I recall several girls in my school was paddled for smoking at school.
    • 41 posts
    July 4, 2016 10:14 AM PDT
    I was astounded years ago when I learned that high school students got paddled in some locales.
    Even though I attended high school in a conservative rural Virginia area back in the early 1960s there was no corporal punishment past the elementary school level which ran through grade seven. No middle schools then.
    Even though the elementary school principal was a tough no nonsense lady, she only used the paddle for major bad behavior. Knew she paddled boys, never heard of her paddling a girl, but would never say it didn't happen. She would have paddled if she thought they needed it!
    • 37 posts
    July 4, 2016 12:51 PM PDT
    It was a surprise to me that my Mom was waiting for me Helen. It was a LONG ride home to meet my fate.
    • 123 posts
    July 11, 2016 9:04 AM PDT
    Reggie Fane said:
    Helen said:
    Hi there - I also grew up at a time when corporal punishment was still common at school and got the paddle several times myself. 

Helen, you have been most eloquent about your own CP and your mother's skill being a teacher, in thrashing you! From memory, she did not punish you as a teacher though, correct? Whos spankings hurt more, her or your own teachers'?

Reggie, I only noticed now that I never replied to this. You are correct, my mother taught in a neighboring school district so I never had her as a teacher myself in high school. On the whole though, a paddling from her probably was worse on average, but there were one or two notable exceptions!

• 37 posts
    July 11, 2016 9:20 AM PDT
    Let's hear about those notable exceptions, Helen. Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Tim
    • 50 posts
    July 15, 2016 7:45 AM PDT

I grew up in the 60's and early 70's. Paddling was a common thing back then. I was paddled at least once a year from 3rd grade up. Jr High was the worst with 3-4 paddlings a year. It was always on pants/jeans. Usually 2-3 swats while bending over hodling ankles. I still support the use of CP in school to some extent. 

• 123 posts
    July 15, 2016 7:54 AM PDT
    Scott said:
    Let's hear about those notable exceptions, Helen. Inquiring minds want to know!

haha, well....maybe a topic for a private discussion, but I managed to get the paddle a few times from some real experts - namely the principal of my junior high school in seventh grade and my high school gym teacher in tenth grade. Those two definitely really knew how to swing a paddle!

• 37 posts
    July 15, 2016 7:59 AM PDT
    What is it about gym teachers, anyway? At my schools, the gym teachers spanked hard and were the only teachers to spank bare.
    • 123 posts
    July 15, 2016 8:14 AM PDT
    She only paddled me over my uniform shorts thankfully, but wow could that woman swing a paddle! That was definitely one that was worse than at home. And notice I said "one" because f all the gals that teacher paddled in those three years we had her, I don't remember a single one of us ever needing to go back a second time!
    • 37 posts
    July 15, 2016 11:32 AM PDT
    The VP at my HS had the girls gym teacher do the padding for him. I had second info on only one paddling she did. My gf and I skipped a class. The VP paddled me and the gym teacher paddled her. We compared notes after school. I can not recall if she got it over her gym shorts or her skirt.

Girls did not wear pants or jeans in our HS. Skirts and dresses. I don’t know if it was common or not, but I once saw a girl with her hands on the hall wall, two of her friends were holding her crinoline slip out the way for teacher’s paddle. I froze in the hall and watched.
    • 37 posts
    July 15, 2016 12:23 PM PDT
    No way to find out, but I have long wondered if the paddling's in school were as bad as I recall them. Or put another way, the paddling's I relish as an adult are longer and on the bare. Did the teachers swing harder or did fear make it worse?
    • 41 posts
    July 15, 2016 12:52 PM PDT
    I think the only accounts of school paddlings on the bare than are believable are those from gym teachers or coaches that took place in the boys locker room.Or for that matter in the girls locker room. There were no coed gym classrs back then and I would think that gym teachers who taught the opposite sex were probably nonexistent.
    Plausible that boys could have gotten it bare or iver jockstraps in tthe locker room, or girls bare or over panties. But out in the gym,over clothing- and a pair of thin gym shorts with a jockstrap under them would have been lnearly no protection. The boy would probably have preferred to go to the principal's office and take the paddling over his regular clothes!
    • 50 posts
    July 15, 2016 1:32 PM PDT
    Tanner said:
    I think the only accounts of school paddlings on the bare than are believable are those from gym teachers or coaches that took place in the boys locker room.Or for that matter in the girls locker room. There were no coed gym classrs back then and I would think that gym teachers who taught the opposite sex were probably nonexistent. Plausible that boys could have gotten it bare or iver jockstraps in tthe locker room, or girls bare or over panties. But out in the gym,over clothing- and a pair of thin gym shorts with a jockstrap under them would have been lnearly no protection. The boy would probably have preferred to go to the principal's office and take the paddling over his regular clothes!

My dad said once that when he was in I think 2nd or 3rd grade that a teacher took a kid in the hall and paddled him on the bare bottom. Then again that was back in the 40's and 50's when teachers got away with that kind of thing (yeah I'm showing my dad's age here, he's in his mid 70's)

• 37 posts
    July 15, 2016 1:41 PM PDT
    Tanner wrote: But out in the gym,over clothing- and a pair of thin gym shorts with a jockstrap under them would have been lnearly no protection. The boy would probably have preferred to go to the principal's office and take the paddling over his regular clothes!

We did not have a choice, when the coach said bend over, you did. He carried his paddle every day, as he did his whistle. When you heard the whistle, the next thing you heard was someone getting two licks.