Spanking in schools

• 21 posts
    October 18, 2018 11:03 AM PDT
    now you and Helen can recall a red hot bottom through rose coloured spectacles, you lucky girls
    • 21 posts
    October 18, 2018 2:36 PM PDT
    like this young lady whose school reported her for disobedience.
    • 21 posts
    October 18, 2018 2:37 PM PDT

• 107 posts
    October 18, 2018 3:14 PM PDT
    that would sure put a stop to whatever behavior I had gotten it for. OUCH
    • 16 posts
    October 18, 2018 3:17 PM PDT
    Ouch! is right.
    • 123 posts
    October 19, 2018 4:08 AM PDT
    Ouch is definitely right. And I wouldn't necessarily say that I look back through rose-colored spectacles, more that the context has changed enough for me to draw on those memories in my own way. But at the time, of course I hated it as much as St J Girl, or anyone else.
    • 77 posts
    October 19, 2018 8:03 AM PDT
    Same for me, Helen. Even though I was a spanko from early in life, I always totally hated punishments and haven't forgotten those feelings. Remembering the experiences is great, but I don't romanticize them.

If we got paddled at school, my siblings and I were spared any spanking at home. I was never given a choice, but punishment at school was preferable.
    • 107 posts
    October 19, 2018 8:33 AM PDT
    I agree Eric, if they gave the paddle in your school like the ones I seen given in my school when I was growing up, they probably got the point across, and really did not need any reminder of it at home... I was neve spanked in school, but still always was told that if I did get it in school I would get it worse at home, some of my siblings did get spanked at school but never got it at home, I am sure my parents knew but just chose to let the one at school be enough.
    • 123 posts
    October 19, 2018 8:47 AM PDT
    Well, you guys got lucky in that case, LOL! My mother was a high school teacher herself, so she was a pretty big believer in getting the paddle out again at home whenever my sister or I got it in school. At one point she even put her foot down and started using the paddle also when I got detention. But it was always made clear to us that the paddling at school took care of whatever specific rule you had broken there, whereas the repeat dose at home was for the separate offense of getting into trouble at school, which was a big no-no at our house for obvious reasons. Strict perhaps but I do have to admit that it basically had the desired effect.
    • 12 posts
    October 19, 2018 9:51 AM PDT
    Very LUCKY. When I was paddled at school, I always got another dose at home, often in the barn with my father's strap.
    • 113 posts
    October 19, 2018 10:04 AM PDT
    I did too if my other found out about it. I was not one to volunteer the information.
    • 21 posts
    October 20, 2018 5:26 AM PDT
    So you had a strict upbringing, Laura.
    • 198 posts
    October 21, 2018 8:55 PM PDT
    Like many here, I was paddled at school right thru High School. Often times a second spanking awaited me at home after elementary school or Jr. High School.
    • 11 posts
    October 27, 2018 3:41 PM PDT
    Got the slipper three or four times in High School (this was England, late seventies, early eighties). It was usually done in private in a senior teacher's office, through clothes. Gym teachers were the only other teachers who used it regularly by then (yep, gym teachers again!). I never got it from a gym teacher, but my sister did
    • 2 posts
    October 27, 2018 6:44 PM PDT
    I got a few paddlings during my school career (60s/70s).
    • 198 posts
    October 27, 2018 8:46 PM PDT
    Glad to hear you are one of us, Renate
    • 37 posts
    October 28, 2018 6:02 AM PDT
    Another naughty girl. Welcome, Renate!
    • 12 posts
    October 28, 2018 8:55 AM PDT
    I think most women of a certain age were paddled when they were in school.
    • 198 posts
    October 28, 2018 9:00 AM PDT
    I knew of a few, but I'm sure there were many more than I knew about.
    • 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 9:25 AM PDT
    Cowboy I believe that is so. At my school, there were a couple teachers (very old school types) who paddled, regardless of gender, in the hall and that was always known. But, most would give girls an element of privacy that fellas did not always get. I live not far from where I grew up and learned, as an adult, about some school paddlings that happened to girls back in the day. At the time, I had no idea
    • 12 posts
    October 28, 2018 9:34 AM PDT
    Cutest 'school paddling' pic ever:

http://ipunishment.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/6884/photo_id/169188
    • 21 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:05 AM PDT
    the more public the punishment the more important it must have been to curb the yelps
    • 123 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:15 AM PDT
    Harry, as stated above, at my school it was also usually the case that girls were afforded more privacy in general. But as I understood it, the ettiquette back then among the guys was that the odd yelp or exclamation was allowed, but not actual crying or tears. At least not so that anybody could see it anyway!
    • 198 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:19 AM PDT
    @Kevin, You are correct. I found out way after the fact about girls being paddled, usually from themselves...lol. I got a few hallway paddlings, but most were in Phys Ed class. Most guys wore cotton gym shorts with no underwear, sometimes jock underneath. Not much protection there. If we were paddled during pool hours, we swam nude, we were paddled nude.

@Laura, I went to the album...which of the 16 is the cutest school paddling?

@Harry..I think you meant it the other way. The more private, the more important to curb yelps. I know I contributed a lot to the yelping.
    • 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:25 AM PDT
    Right, Looking back, it is pretty impressive how infrequent tears and/or yelps were. Again, in our case, a large percentage of the school paddlings were during our 7th grade yr. I’ve shared why elsewhere. But, I guess we were big enough at that age AND so worried about “how it would look” that most of us somehow kept tears at bay. In my case, I don’t know if I made noise. Definite watery eyes but I did not let them fall. One of the hardest things I have ever done was keep that at bay...

And, this was also one of the reasons why the freshly paddled always had a crazy bright red face. The humiliation,yes, but also the very real struggle to suppress the emotion