Spanking in schools

• 198 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:28 AM PDT
    @Kevin. Like me, I know you speak from actual experience.
    • 14 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:30 AM PDT

I was a crier and would just start crying before it even started. I was glad that my school paddlings where somewhat private.

• 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:45 AM PDT
    Cowboy, I certainly do. I only got one at school but she made it count. I also was wearing gym shorts although I am sure I had on tighty whites instead of a jock. Although mine “sucked” due to two people watching (the other guy and a witness), I at least had significant “recovery time” as this was in the office between classes. So, I got to to back to the locker room, change clothes etc, before heading to next class and “seeing people”. I really don’t know how the kids got it in the hall and then immediately had to sit back down with the rest of us. I really don’t
    • 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 10:57 AM PDT
    And, yes, Mr Hardcastle, gym class was when it happened a lot. From their perspective, I suppose it made sense. It’s not like they were really “teaching” us anything the way other teachers did. So, really, the best way to make sure they kept their job was to keep us safe from injury and keep us from acting like fools. The paddle got used in gym class.
    • 198 posts
    October 28, 2018 12:08 PM PDT
    The whole class watched when we were paddled in gym class. We actually made the paddles used in wood shop. I can't say I was paddled with one I made, but I would not doubt it.
    • 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 12:49 PM PDT
    Only way to “see” a paddling when we were in school was to be next or have just gotten it. Makes and females watching in that PE class? Was that a group thing or just you?
    • 198 posts
    October 28, 2018 12:58 PM PDT
    Paddlings in gym were given in front of the class, but boys and girls gym classes were separate. Not co-ed.
    • 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 1:13 PM PDT
    I see. Interesting how everybody’s school experiences were just a bit different. My wife’s school (she was not in this class) had a “famous” event involving a PE teacher. I guess at that school PE teachers also “taught” Health. The teacher was well known to wield a paddle and on this day apparently the entire class was causing her trouble. She lost her patience and ordered entire class to stand at their desks. She got her paddle, with holes, and walked around to each student. Boys and girls. Each bent over their desk one by one. Girls got one lick and boys got two. She paddled the entire class! I never knew of something like that happening at my school
    • 198 posts
    October 28, 2018 1:17 PM PDT
    WOW, I have never seen anything like that or even heard of it. Would have like to been there to see that. Even if I had to be paddled to see it....lol
    • 92 posts
    October 28, 2018 1:25 PM PDT
    Got that story first hand from a couple of people who got swatted. Like you said earlier, these were adults remembering this event. Two of my wife’s friends who were in that class together. Crazy thing is I don’t think either of them thought it was that odd. I sure did. But, again, everybody’s school was just a bit different. They paddled often at those schools but also would frequently only give one swat. My school, on the other hand, did not seem to do it nearly as often. But, we always got 3 licks. Unless it was second offense, then it would be in office and they could give 5. But, never less than 3 as far as I know
    • 113 posts
    October 30, 2018 8:45 AM PDT
    My father was a high school teacher in the 60s and I can remember him saying he had two paddles, one for boys and a smaller one for girls.
    • 56 posts
    October 30, 2018 9:04 AM PDT
    I hope you benefited from his larger paddle at home too, then! But out of curiosity, I would have thought that the shapely/well-padded buttocks of teenage females would have required the bigger paddle, hehe?
    • 16 posts
    October 30, 2018 9:52 AM PDT
    From what I've read here, PE teachers seem to be a special breed.
    • 113 posts
    October 30, 2018 1:03 PM PDT
    No, my father never spanked me, a result of his suffering abuse from his own parents and ending up in a foster home. I got the belt from my mother or a switch from my grandmother instead. The paddle might have been easier to take.
    • 11 posts
    October 31, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
    St J Girl said:
    From what I've read here, PE teachers seem to be a special breed.

It certainly seems that way, St J. I've heard numerous stories about them over the years in forums like this. I don't know whether Kevin's theory is right - that they weren't "teaching" as such so they focussed on discipline instead, or whether it was some kind of 'Jock' mentality. Both male and female gym teachers at my school were known to use the slipper at very little provocation. 

• 77 posts
    October 31, 2018 12:21 PM PDT
    I don't remember gym teachers paddling in public school, but there was a big incident in a private school I went to where 3 girls got paddled hard by a young male PE teacher. Definitely a jock type. I was in 10th grade, the girls were older than me. It was witnessed by a crowd of students. I walked up to it right at the end. One of the girls was severely upset by it, which may be why the guy was fired.
    • 55 posts
    October 31, 2018 12:28 PM PDT
    In the school I went to it did seem that P.E. teachers did more than their share of paddling.
    • 113 posts
    October 31, 2018 2:31 PM PDT
    Does anyone know how a slipper compares with a wood paddle? Always been interested in traditional British implements.
    • 113 posts
    October 31, 2018 2:31 PM PDT
    Does anyone know how a slipper compares with a wood paddle? Always been interested in traditional British implements.
    • 92 posts
    November 1, 2018 6:01 AM PDT
    I think you would find that a slipper across a bare butt is a pretty unique sting. But, I think you would also find that a wooden paddle “wins” vs a behind pretty much regardless of what clothing covers. The slipper would not necessarily be as effective vs jeans etc.
    • 11 posts
    November 1, 2018 11:39 AM PDT
    I think the paddle would, erm, beat the slipper. The slipper has a sharp sting, but it is not deep. It was often considered as a milder "everyday" alternative to the cane. I have read about schools where boys got the cane and girls the slipper (this was allegedly the case at my school, but it didn't seem to work that way in practise!)
    • 190 posts
    November 1, 2018 3:40 PM PDT

Interested to  know who went to uk public schools and got corpral punishment as years ago uk public schools were famous for this like Eaton ect i went to a minor public school where spankings and getting the cane were common i got it hard and often spent most of seven years with a red stinging bottom! i was a bit of a naughty rebel

• 113 posts
    November 1, 2018 7:24 PM PDT
    What was the ritual when you were to be caned?
    • 11 posts
    February 22, 2019 6:42 AM PST
    I went to school in the UK and was slippered (plimsoll) and caned, early to mid 70's
    • 113 posts
    February 22, 2019 7:24 AM PST

Which was worse?